Dr. Shashank Shah
Qualifications: M.B.B.S., M.S., FAIS, FMAS (Hon.)
Areas of Interest:
- Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery
- Bariatric surgery for obesity
- Metabolic surgery for type 2 diabetes
- Surgical emergencies and trauma
- Portal hypertension
- Laparoscopic Oncology
- Thoracoscopic thymectomy for myaestenia gravis
- Director: Laparo-Obeso Centre – Comprehensive treatment for Obesity and related metabolic diseases and a Training center for Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery.
- Director: Department of Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgery at Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune
Honorary Cancer surgeon- Ruby Hall Clinic , Pune.
- Honorary Surgeon – Poona Hospital and Research Centre, Pune.
- B.J.M.C., Sassoon General Hospital, Pune
- Dr. L.H. Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai
- Post-graduate teacher for Diplomat of National Board (DNB) for General Surgery.
- Executive council Member and Founder Member Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI).
- Founder Secretary and Trustee-Association of Minimally Invasive Surgeons – Pune
- Secretary – OSSI. – Obesity surgery society of India
- Past Secretary – Poona surgical society
- Member of board of International Bariatric Surgical Review Corporation (IBSRC)